Saturday 17 May 2008

Malakoff CR - Day 1

0630, cycled off from Lembah Keramat to Sekolah Menengah Teknik Gombak. Meet up with Malakoff staff, CK, Kam and Bandit. Were told that Shazly will join later as he have a class to teach. Cyclist mostly from Malakoff, Sterling Insurance, Le2a and outsiders like me, and some other people.

Start with picture snapping, stretching and doa recital.

I start off slow, spinning and warming up the legs as it'll be a slight climb to Genting Sempah. Allow some few riders to overtake me. I was at behind, I couldn't remember when, but suddenly I was behind AJ and Shahrim (cyclist from Sterling Insurance). Pace was steady at the climbing part up until Sharim told me that my tire was deflating. Have to stop pump, but then up at Genting Sempah I changed the tube, with the help from Kam and Bandit.

First stop at Kolam Air Panas, then continue on to Ice Cream shop in Bentong. Lunch at Felda Mempaga. Stop again at Petronas Jalan Karak. Last stop at Sri Malaysia Temerloh.

After the first stop, manage to play around with CK, we pulled each other until 49kmh. Few times breakaway from the peloton though.

Eat and berendam at Sri Malaysia. Then join the dinner at the orphanage house somewhere near, where Malakoff present the donation.

No comments: