Tuesday 13 May 2008

First two Triathlon - pt3 - OD

I think I eat more then enough at the Carbo Loading night. Even went to 7 E in Tampin, buy few bottles of water and some buns for today breakfast, dont want to repeat the same mistake.


I still remember the panic moment in the sprint swimming part, and I am doubting my self. Should I continue with this madness or shouldn't I. My heart is beating slowly as I am truly scared of the swimming part. "400 meter pun ntah ape ape, ini kan 1.5km". I keep saying that to myself, even while munching the bread and powerbar. Then I felt that my body is burning up, "Ouh damn, not fever, not now,". I went to Dicky and he said my temp is ok. I even went to Azmar and he said I'm ok. Maybe its because of the aircond.

Still, even though we woke up early but we arrive at the starting point a bit late, i think 10-20 mins to 8am. Hung up the the bike put the thing, and hey I saw Roger and Terry. Roger's bike is just beside mine.

Swimming. Still in 'not so sure whether to do it or not' mood. Takpelah, go for warm up first. Water is cold. First mistake on the day, I swim in too early when Mr Chan announced to be ready at the starting point. I'm still weak at water treading. Nearly drown when they move back the starting line.People pushing and all. So I swam back to the shore and wait everybody to swim first. Many people ask whether I was OK or not. But I'm too panic to reply, the only thing that came up to my mind is "let's finish this". And so I did, swim very slow. Many people said that my time is 1hour 15 min. Me myself am not so sure because I forgot to clock. Ouh yeah, I nearly cramp on the last loop, tried to shout for the rescuer but they just looking at me. Haihh..so i just continue slowly.

At least I still feeling energetic after the swim. I can run better then yesterday to the Bike transition. Then just go like the best I can for the bike and run. Thanks to Mac's wheel, I can push more. And it feels lighter then before. Many hills though, but then manage to overtook some people. Yes I want to survive this race, but I don't want to finish last.

40km passed by and comes the running. I bring one of the best socks for marathon but it is a double layer socks which is a hassle to wear it, and so I ran without using socks, melecet pun melecetlah, 10km only. Drank a whole bottle of gatorade. And off I go. Running while untangling my Ipod Nano and setting up the Ipod Nike. Passing Kam and Zafrul, and aiming some guy who wore the Japan Cup bike jersey. Overtook some foreigner, as I enter the resort, I'm thinking that I could sprint for the last 1.5km, but then I didn't know that we were supposed to circle around the clubhouse.Cheh (note to self, bila briefing dengar betul betul). I saw Edwin, he is not so well, kinda saw him walking and running.Potoonnng!!

Finish the run and bike in 2hrs 14m, including T2. Bike as the meter showing is 1hrs 15m. Av speed is 29km. Run from the Nike Ipod is 57 min for nearly 9km.


9 comments:

Upiq said...

Caya larrr...

Orang gila cam ko jer buat Sprint and OD at your 1st attempt. You are a mutant.

Keep it up bro...

Well done and congrats..!!

SaifulAzri said...

ko mmg power...good passion!!semua race ko tibai....

Jaja Shah said...

belasahhh! kalau nak buat tri, jangan fikir dua tiga kali

go for it!

yipwt said...

hi,

ok my hp is digi-nam dua sembilan, sembilan enam lima enam.

email ah..

yipwt 'di' neowave 'dt' com 'dt' my

congrats on your first tri...

bola2api said...

OI PANJANGNYA.. MCM NOVEL

TAHNIAH, TRIATHLETE!

lepas ahad, ada jangkitan kuman kat tekak/perut tak?? hehe

TriStupe said...

bro...bike-run in 2:14? that's bloody fast!

Well done!

bink said...

upiq: ko pun gila gak, first tri trus OD, takde test sprint dah

bola2api: aku dapat jangkitan mental

stupe: itu time jam aku je tuh, kena tengok official time dulu.

Yip:thanks for the info..

Thanks all

zulhassan said...

memang betul lah giler , 1st time buat 2 sekali. salute ... sebab aku sendiri tak berani nak balun 2 sekali.

Keipo said...

congrate bro !!!