Friday 22 August 2008

Running ?!! Huh?!!

I fucking hate running.I despise it. What is so great about running anyhow? That, is what I would say 13 years ago if you ask me about running. Running never would be in my top ten list. It won't be in any of my TO DO list.

I was in form 1 when my dad forced me to run due to my overweight problem, and also because I'm a lazy bum. At that time, my dad is still in the army. He could run everyday in MINDEF. Everyday and also in the fasting season. I always refer him as "orang gila". Every time when he ran with me, he would stop and start walking as I usually is slow and always crying while running(haha). And sometimes he would complain that he didn't break a sweat if he run/walk with me. If my memory serves me well It's a 3km loop, even though I think it's more than that. 5 km maybe.

Can't remember which year of KLIM it is. I did a 10km run with my dad accompany me. Well it's a near death experience, (haha). Mostly walking liao. My dad belanja the whole family a Macdonald because we (me and me dad) finish that race(walking).

Old memories huh.

I start back running as a process of loosing weight, I can't really remember when I did start doing it. Is it 2002 or 2003.After that it snowballed. From loosing weight, I end up in tug of war, which we need to run during training. And I still continue running because wanted to lose weight.

Then at some point I started to join races. I mean like, I have been running for a while now, why not test my self. Smart Tunnel run back in 2007 is my first run. It was like shit. Dehydration, hot. And I wear a long track pants, which in later part becoming quite heavy because of my sweats. Met a dude, a student which I cant remember from where. He intended to join KLIM but 10km only. Well, at first I was contemplated to join but then why not. And I didn't stop since that.

Since that race I have joined Pacesetters and RunnersMalaysia. Met wonderful friends who are also my teachers and inspiration.Uncle Wan, Cikgu Din, Rizal, Kim, Geraldine, Frank, Choi, Ronnie, Pele, Wong Sifu, Jamie Pang, Kak Haza, Tey, Saiful, Abu, Omar Yip. These are among friends which I could listed as there are still many I need to recall.

Nowadays I run because I like to do it. I love the feeling of it. The freedom. The coldness of early morning and yet at the same time, the warmth of your sweat spurting out. With the hint of peace in your head. Most people might said I'm overdoing it, over train. But that's the thing, most of the time I'm not training for anything. I just do it.

And for races, I join not because of winning, maybe some time I just want to see my time. But most of it it's just the pleasure of crossing the finish line.

Well that's just me. Addicted to run.

NOW. If you ask me about running. I would say, I love it.

One thing, if its not because of my dad. I might not be running.Hrm..

No comments: