Thursday 7 August 2008

I run with peace

Few days left to KOTR. Been running easy today. Did a 10km on the morning. 2.58 km in the late evening. And another 5km in the night. All easy running.

Manage to run 10km with the Lunar Trainer (LT) in the morning. Got chaffing in the left leg. Somewhere in the Achilles tendon.
The LT is a bit lighter then my current Adidas Gazelle.

First time I ran in the LT was on that same day Nike given it to me, but then on that day, I was busy catching up to others. So I didn't realize much. Today, I tend to feel the shoe.

Just like I said earlier, first impression about that shoe is how light is it. I was thinking, if the trainer is this light, how will the racer shoe will be?

Anyhow the shoe is soft, plushy, it's like stepping on a marshmallow. I would like to say the video where that person wrapping the feet with pillow is quite accurate as what I experience with that shoe.

And after few steps you can feel like your feet is imprinted to that sole.The cushion shapes/wrap up to your feet shape.Making your feet stagnant.

One thing about this shoe, I feel it mostly when I do uphills is that in some way it is heavy. HOW? Well every step you make, it seems that the shoe absorb all the force from your feet making there's no force to bounce up the shoe.It's like a tennis shoe that wont bounce. So you have to use extra force to raise up your leg. (Not that heavy lah).

In the end I do feel tired, even though it is just a 10km run. A bit tired on my legs though.

Maybe, just maybe this is called a trainer shoe. A trainer shoe that is not heavy, but it becomes heavy as it is using your own weight/force against you. So aikido-like.

That run is in the morning. In the evening, even though it is raining. I manage to run 2.58 km at Batu Dam. After that I stop, then during night time, I was join by my training partner to do a night run, 5km only.Slow and easy

No comments: