Sunday 10 August 2008

ADIDAS KOTR Shah Alam - Sucks

ADIDAS KOTR is pretty bad. Management wise that is. But the route is challenging.

It was bad even at the bibs/jersey distribution day. Slow and saw many customers (registered runners) arguing with the management due to some (weird) reasons. Such as, name is not on the list, jersey no size, IC tak betul (What??).

I was so frustrated because I have to queue up like 1 hour plus as there were like 4 people in front of me, showing that how slow is their process. Checking the name list, check the IC, ask the participants whether their IC is correct or not. One question that is funny is "Adik hafal tak IC adik?"

On race day it self. Mileage notice poor? Heck, they even put the wrong mileage notice at the wrong place. Imagine they put the "Another 12km" at two different place. If I'm not mistaken, at KM8 and another is at KM10+.

At water station (if I'm not mistaken, KM14 or KM15). Got no water, so I was force to buy drinks at Shell across the street. (Lucky I bring money). Some more if you guys realize. There's no medic until few kilometer from the finish line and also I must say. Traffic control is pretty bad.

Well, at least I finish the run. 2hours 21min. Not my best time, but I guess, I was playing around also. Chatting with other runners, stopping at two petrol station to buy water.Happiest part is that my dad finish his 10km run in 1hour 15 min.

Not many pirate runners, or maybe they are too fast. The only pirate runners I manage to identify was Ishal, Azwar and Fong.

Clocked 22.41km today, and on the evening did a recovery run of 7km.

1 comment:

zulhassan said...

taniah bro. nasib baik aku dapat bib 10km kalau tak aku pun masuk lumba haram tadi :) dan aku suka lari kat shah alam best gilerlah.

2 tahun akan datang pun dia orang akan buat di shah alam juga.

jumpa kat Desaru bro.