Friday 27 June 2008

Hey YOU!! Let's run to office will you.

It was Wednesday when the idea (running to office) popped into my head. Just like a big BLING!!. Been cycling for 2 weeks(off and on). Distance from home to office is 22km, doable. Consider as LSD (Long Slow Distance) run training.

Collected the Garmin Forerunner 305 from Adzim (Adzim, I owe you man) on Thursday night.

Woke up at 345. Start running at 430.

Road is clear and it is cool. Questioning my insanity on the first km. But as I got into rhythm, I don't care less other then reaching the office within 2hrs 30 min. Running with backpack is not comfortable as I thought, but then after a while got used to it.

Stop at first 5km to buy 100 plus, and 2 drinking water. (Bukit Setiawangsa)
(10)Second 5km stop at Esso Keramat because I'm hungry, buy a snickers and drink.Eat a quarter of Snicker
(15)Third 5km at Kg Baru. Just realize that I over drink the water (Habis sudah satu botol) and I'm still thirsty.
(20)4th 5km, I'm somewhere on Sprint Highway, just past the Bangsar junction, and I'm headed to Seksyen 16 PJ. Did stop at Shell somewhere in Damansara, right after Jalan Semantan. Bought a 100 plus.

Arrived at office around 7.10. It's a 2hrs 45m run, plus stop to buy drinks, crossing, check the bag.

Felt sleepy most of the day. Tired and all.
Route will post later. Need help from Azim to upload the data.
Will I do it again? HELL YEAH.

No comments: