Sunday 28 September 2008

Ramadhan Genting Run.

3rd run up to Genting for this Ramadhan. Crazy or what? Kudos to all crazyheads who still wanna do it. This time the run was organize by Julie (thanks girl). Many new faces, many first timer. Among the new faces was Hsing Ling, Roger, his dad, and Karoline’s dad (they are all related, how cool is that), Keat Seang, Adzim, Lin and Ngae.

This time also Ariff is cycling up while others run and walk. The running party consists of Dino, Julie,Adzim, Zac, Alex, Kar Yan, Kam, Yip, Stupe, Mac and some other people who I forgotten their name, need to check the name list. While the walking party was lead by May Sen followed by Adli, Upiq, Luvi, Lin and another guy who I don’t really know.

For this run Yip will be doing his usual 42km. Followed by me, Alex, Alex’s girlfriend, Kar Yan and later Zac also joins us.

Run starts at 10. No partner for me this week, running alone most of the time. Pacing my self, slow and steady as I want to save my leg for the extra 21km going down, the weather was cold that night. I think it is the coldest ever among the 3 run. It is so cold that I can’t go fast, too fast and I will shiver. And everytime the wind blows I have to stop as it is too cold for me to continue. This so far is the slowest run up to Genting for me.

As I reach the top, I was welcomed by the staff of First World Resort. This one we need to thanks Ngae as he called up some of his friend up in the Resort and arrange hot drinks for us runners. I rested while looking to borrow for a jacket. I don’t think I can survive running down without a jacket. Thanks to Jaja for lending me her jacket.

Running down was hard, use less energy though, but it is hard on my knees and ankle. Maybe my landing technique isn’t that good. I ran down in group, with Alex and the other, except for Yip who went down first.

I didn’t time myself running down, but I guess it’s around 2 hours plus, as we walk and stop for resting. At km 35, my ipod nano died, no battery edy. On my way down I received call from my brother asking where I am. They are about to leave for Ipoh. I think that is around 4 am already. After that I have to leave the group and run faster. Nevertheless, they catch up to me somewhere near the McDonald.

We manage to cam whore at McDonald though, poor Jaja and Luvis as they were waited for me (Jaja uses my car as support car). I think Alex and the rest of the group went to McDonald for a breakfast, while me speeding up to my house.


Picture will be uploaded later


--uploaded from Kedai Mamak Samudra Ipoh--

1 comment:

yipwt said...

yo rashid,

I am planning to "try" run 200km 11th oct. You might want to join...say try to run 80km.