Monday 1 September 2008

Bomb ride it is.

Shazly mailed me few days ago about this ride. HOA to Felda Tranum (which is actually Felda Mempaga). 150km in distance. Well, since this is more longer and challenging then the usual HOA - Bentong, then why not?

Manage to get Julie into this ride..hehe (Met her at Bt Caves, she just did some stair running). And not to forget Fong. Which at first contemplating to join, but then later on she did join.

Meet up at 0700, and climb up somewhere around 0718.It has been long since I climb this hill, never thought that it would be so cold at this time. And I didn't remember how far is the climb.

Anyhow, I just climb without knowing where to stop, the only thing I remember is the workshop. Manage to met up with Stupe and Shazly at the top there, and they decide to go and wait at Genting Sempah's Petronas, while I wait for Julie and Fong at the junction.

Rest and refill at the Petronas. And continue our journey to Bentong. Regroup at Air Panas, and then at Shell Bentong( The one after the highway). After that went straight to Felda Mempaga.

After passing through the Ice cream parlor in Bentong. I tried to visualize back the route to Felda Mempaga, as I have used that route last time in Malakoff Charity ride. But hey, again I failed to remember.

I ride behind Julie as she didn't bring any tubes or phone. Due to my fault also, it seems that I misinformed her that the distance is somewhere around 130km. So I'm the sweeper of the day.

At that moment of time, Stupe and Fong was waaayyy in front, until at some point they went straight pass the food court at the Felda Mempaga (where we all supposed to meet and have lunch). Luckily it's just 5km.





After lunch, the heat is catching up fast. So I myself is like busted most of the way. I slowed down most of the way. Can't even catch up to Fong. Regroup again at the Shell.





After the Shell, is the real Hell. Climb back up to Genting Sempah. It was hot, at some point it was raining, and I am supremely tired. And got nudge by car some more, lucky there was no damage. Julie overtook me there.I nearly bonk but then lucky I got Julie's powerbar with me. Eat it and continue journey. I think I was so slow, that Fong have to come down and search for me. Haiiihhh..

Anyhow, manage to get back safely. And Julie go and picked up Shazly at Genting Sempah.

Journey ended up at 1600 something nearly to 1700. Really need to train there as Shazly told me that will be the training route for IM..

4 comments:

Juliana said...

salam..memang bomb... i thought the ride back after the last Shell was ok..cuma hujan2 .. except for that stupid short climb after tpt jual buah berangan tuh la...ayaaa...had to push the bike !

TriStupe said...

Dude...it's 1600 and 1700 la...0400 or 0500 is 4 pagi and 5 pagi bang.
:P

thanks for the pics. :) I've never been more lustful eating cornetto.

I earned it!

bink said...

Ok Stupe, corrected edy. Julie, ko power aa

Juliana said...

nak dgr lawak power tak ??