Sunday 20 January 2008

30K GE




Its 0535 and I'm still searching for a place to park my car. Bank Rakyat, terlepas. Tugu Negara, full. Balai Polis Bukit Aman, same here - full. Children Playground - illegal park lah, what to do. Met Dicky and Azmar on the way to the reporting point. Chatting with some guys and suddenly "BLAM", the f--, lariii~~~~....

I know that I'm having fever, but I can't quit, not now, not after few weeks of training and heck this is the opening for this year running. Not now. At first I feel fine, after that, just during climbing the deer park, fever attack. Manage to speak with Sofian and Jaja. Saw Aini when going out to Jalan Parlimen. Then suddenly, an urgent need to pee. Well, met Ariff during peeing somewhere in Jalan Parlimen. We share our fair contribution to nature.

Then along the way, the fever cool down. Speed up after Bank Negara until the first water station. Manage to overtake many people. Enter double hill, fakk, fever again. Can still run until jalan duta, running but slow. Everything is slow..

From Jalan Duta to Masjid Wilayah, it felt as it was freaking far. After Masjid Wilayah hill, basically I was struggling to run. On the way to Plaza Damas, meet many friends. Azwar, Aini, Dicky, Azmar, Awea, Ishal.

" Fakk man, all of them are on the opposite lane, on the way to Tasek Perdana already. Why am i so freaking slow today?"

After the U-turn, even after taking the Power gel, I am very much struggling, walk, run, walk, run. Have to stop at medic point because of cramp. Met CK there, well he is running. After that, everytime I tried to run harder, I can feel a near cramp experience at me calf. So mostly I just walk.Try to run, can for a few meter, after that will cramp.So just walk, but fast one. But then I have to stop when I feel cramp attack.

The only part I started to run is after Bank Negara. Run, but slow. In the end my time was 4h 1m. Frank was there at the end. He talk yeah, honestly I can't hear that much or remember what I talk back in reply. Was too tired at that time. Headache, my leg and body shaking. Can differentiate between is it the heat from the sunny day or because of I'm having fever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Akak nampak awak kat area Pdg Merbok gitu. So, KLIM ni full la?

yipwt said...

hi bink,

thanks for visiting my blog. Funny ya...your nike pod is 33km..

bink said...

Yup, most people clock to 34 km

Frank Chong said...

Err... I think you need to recalibrate your Nike+. My Polar detected 30.64KM.