Wednesday 3 June 2009

Pirating Sundown Marathon

Sundown Marathon Singapore. One of the races that many runner have been waited for. Running a Marathon at 12 midnight, and for Ultra Marathon starts at 7pm. Like I said, many runners waited for this race, me included. But then after Ironman, I didnt have the time to save enough money for the entry fee, nearly RM500 for Ultra distance. And so, I just hope that I can do it somewhere in next year.

Or so I thought..

Just a week or so before the Sundown Marathon, Kash called me asking me to join her to pirate the marathon. Pirate a freaking marathon, some more in Singapore. GILA APE???

At first I don't really want to do it as I don't have the confidence to do a full marathon yet (padahal dah dekat Stan Chart Marathon dah ni!!). Some more I already got a plan for the weekend. But then deep inside I really wanna go for the race.

Things change when I told Tini about the news, she is excited to do the 10km run as one of her friend also will be running the 10km. But Tini is of course pirating the run la. Go to Singapore just to run 10km, pirate somemore? Lagi gila, tak pernah dibuat orang eh..

And so I met Kash to confirm about our trip to Singapore.

Friday - 29th May 09
Start to drive out from TTDI somewhere around 830pm. We enter Singapore through Tuas (Second Link), the checking process at both immigration center (Malaysia and Singapore), is slow. I think we spent around 1hour just waiting at both gates. We reach Kash's house somewhere at 2 in the morning. Somewhere in Clementie Ave 6. Such a nice house, simple and yet the design is magnificent. I can't remember what time I slept.

Saturday - 30th May 09
I woke up around 7 something. Having a light headache due to not enough sleep. Did a morning jog with Tini somewhere at Commonwealth, before we went out jalan jalan in Singapore. Didn't go out much. We just go to Peninsula Plaza, went to a camera shop, Cathay Photo, if I'm not mistaken, then we went to look around for some sport stuff. Which is cheap there in Singapore.

Then we went to Velocity, Kash told us about that plaza, it indeed sells a lot of sports equipment. It's like Low Yat of sports equipment. Walking around from shop to shop, I really like Runners Lab.

Somewhere around 3 or 4, we went back to Kash's house. Rest a bit before the race..

Ouh yeah, did I tell you guys that I'll be doing 10km with Tini. And then later I learn that 10km is for woman. HAHAHAHAHAAHAH...Gilak!! I'll be running, sorry pirate running a race that is supposely for women. Tak kesah!! Janji lari!!




No comments: